The Euro-Mediterranean Centre for Climate Change Foundation (CMCC) (www.cmcc.it) is the non-profit Italian research centre on climate science and policy. Its activities focus on the development and applications of models of climate dynamics, impacts of climate change and adaptation and mitigation policies.
The CMCC is seeking a talented, motivated and proactive person to join the Fund Raising Office.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is CMCC premises in Milan.
The primary purposes for this position is to support the Fund Raising Office activities with the following tasks:
- To analyse and monitor funding opportunities for research activities at national, European and international levels;
- To develop and maintain an electronic database of funding sources that may be of interest for CMCC research activities;
- To pre-select funding opportunities that may be relevant for CMCC research activities and verify the eligibility conditions and requirements for the proposed grants
- To analyse rules and financial and administrative documentation of the selected calls;
- To contribute to the drawing up of the grant proposals particularly as concerns their administrative and financial contents;
- To support CMCC research staff in the negotiation of the grant contracts with the financing bodies;
- To liaise with researchers to build research partnerships and consortia
- To support the management activities of EU funded projects
- To perform other related duties as required.
The desired qualifications are:
- University degree; a Master degree in European project management is desirable
- From 3 to 5 years of work experience in field of European project management
- Fluency in Italian. Very good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is essential
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Windows, Ms Office – Word, Excel, Power Point – Internet)
- Strong commitment in implementing the tasks described above
- Strong analytical ability to identify and analyse issues/problems
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and deadlines and in achieving results
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in team
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments, and to adjusts priorities as required
- Good communications skills (spoken and written); ability to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues and outside collaborators
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application through the following procedure:
- register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill in the online form
- send through CMCC JAM to following mandatory attachments:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A motivation letter