BETTER FINANCE is a non-profit international NGO with its office in Brussels acting as an independent financial expertise centre to the direct benefit of European financial services users (individual shareholders, investors, savers, life insurance policyholders, pension fund participants, mortgage borrowers, etc.) and other stakeholders of European financial services who are independent of the financial industry. At present, we count more than forty national and international member and sub-member organisations. In turn those count more than four million individual members. The European Union supports BETTER FINANCE activities since 2012. For more information, please consult our website, www.betterfinance.eu
BETTER FINANCE is looking for a full-time Project Officer to join the team in Brussels. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Horizon 2020 project “LEVEL EEI” as well as participate on producing funding applications for future projects. The successful candidate will be required to cooperate closely with the other members of the team and they may be requested to participate in other advocacy and research initiatives of BETTER FINANCE, depending on their interest and qualifications. We are a young, flexible and dynamic organisation offering an exciting work environment on EU policy issues. We all share a vision of finance to serve the real economy and citizens.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of the BETTER FINANCE part of the Horizon 2020 project “LEVEL EEI – Level the playing field for Energy Efficiency Investment products” including, but not limited to: general project management, helping to organise events and meetings connected to the project as well as preparing any needed documents and descriptions of activities necessary for interim reporting;
- Supporting the BETTER FINANCE team in their research work, advocacy campaigns and responses to public consultations, especially on topics related to sustainable finance or topics which intersect with the LEVEL EEI project;
- Helping the BETTER FINANCE team in producing fundraising applications and responses to public tenders;
- When needed, representing BETTER FINANCE and the LEVEL EEI project consortium at external conferences and workshops, including presenting the project, it’s research results and policy recommendations to large audiences;
- When asked, attending and reporting on meetings at the European institutions and other relevant internal and external events.
The Project Officer will report to the Executive Director
We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in similar functions;
- Experience of working on EU-funded projects is mandatory; prior experience with Horizon 2020 grants would be preferred;
- A successful track record in fundraising, including but not limited to writing grant applications or tender proposals or securing funding from public foundations, would be highly prized;
- Knowledge of the general functioning of the EU institutions and their legislative process as well as experience of political advocacy is required;
- Knowledge of at least the basics of investment and finance is required;
- In-depth understanding of sustainable finance, as well as investors’ & savers’ rights issues and financial regulation more broadly, would be a significant asset;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other European languages is considered an asset;
- Good IT knowledge, particularly Excel and Word;
- Good organisation and project management skills are a must;
- Team player and detail-oriented, with the capacity to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
- Be committed to BETTER FINANCE’s mission.
BETTER FINANCE values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially welcome applications by people from groups traditionally under-represented in finance.
The ideal start date would be in February. The initial contract would be for 12 months, but depending on satisfactory performance and successful fundraising, the aim would be to extend this and eventually make the position permanent.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter (confirming their availability/notice period) in English to email@example.com. Any questions related to the posting can be referred to the same email. Non-European candidates are additionally asked to confirm their availability to work in Belgium.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday the 10th of January at 12:00 CET. However, an earlier application is advised, as we reserve the right to conclude the recruitment before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found.