WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working in a multi-disciplinary group, where people with different backgrounds collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out the research.
The Projects Office, part of the Research Organization Directorate, is seeking to appoint a Senior Administrative Assistant with experience in developing project proposals for EU grants, mainly within the Horizon Europe Programme.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Scouting for European calls for proposals
- Supporting research groups in developing project proposals in response to European Commission Horizon Europe calls, with focus on funding opportunities for collaborative applied research projects (Mid/High TRL)
- Supporting research teams in analyzing and resolving administrative, financial and technical aspects during project writing, submission, evaluation and negotiation.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in European Studies, Political Science, economic/financial disciplines or similar
- Previous experience in proposal writing within European funded research and innovation programmes
- Knowledge of European research and innovation landscape
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Familiarity with the main IT software packages, including Word and Excel
- A cooperative approach with the stakeholders
- Accuracy and good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards (Salary can include bonus option depending on your role and contract)
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
- 2 days of teleworking per week
- Flexible working time
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).