LTN is a Belgium-based Green Supply Chain & Logistics innovation management and consulting SME. Our services include data-driven consulting, and research & development of innovative solutions that harness knowledge and technology potential, to transform and optimise supply chain processes. We help our clients act on their future, to achieve ambitious economic, environmental, and social targets in food systems and the food chain industry, and in the supply chain and logistics industry.
As a Food Systems Expert, you will be working on some of the most exciting projects and bids in Europe in the domain of Food Loss and Waste prevention and reduction. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient management of activities, including the coordination of tasks, meetings, and administrative aspects within the projects/assignments under your supervision;
- Contributing with your scientific and technical expertise in the company’s projects, including writing high-quality reports and deliverables, carrying out technical work, and delivering presentations;
- Communicating effectively with other project members and other VLTN members, and collaborating with them to deliver project tasks timely, as the role largely involves carrying out independent work albeit within a multi-organisation project environment;
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with collaborating organisations in multi-company projects and assignments;
- Contributing to the company’s activities for winning new projects and assignments from the EU, other international organisations, and industrial actors.
Required qualifications and experience
- MSc in a related field, and a demonstrated aptitude in research and report writing, as well as an ability to contribute to EU Research & Innovation grant applications;
- 7+ years of experience in managing relevant EU projects and/or assignments from international organisations;
- Deep expertise in food systems management, food consumption and production, and food systems’ sustainability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Being proactive, able to work autonomously and taking full responsibility for assigned tasks, is essential;
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office and online collaborative tools;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
Desirable qualifications and expertise
- Previous experience in food loss & waste projects/initiatives will be highly advantageous;
- Experience in food systems empirical data collection and analysis, and food systems modelling (e.g. agent-based) and predictive analysis, will be advantageous;
- PhD in a related field and a background in engineering will be advantageous.
We offer a full-time 3-year Fixed Term Contract with a view to permanency. Our aim is recruit a Food Systems Expert by June 2022.
VLTN values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnic background.
You will be located preferably (and should have the right to work) in Belgium or, alternatively, in any other EU Member State or the UK.
Note: we will not be able to support applicants requiring a work visa to work in the EU or the UK.
How to apply
Please send: (i) a detailed CV, and (ii) a motivation letter describing how you meet the criteria described, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject ‘Food systems expert’, until April 30, 2022. Please ensure you include details of any European FP7 or H2020 projects you have worked on.