Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation, which brings together (400+) ex-perienced advisors located internationally, across 13 offices and specialised in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986, when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract ap-propriate public funding and investments. Since then, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and in ex-pertise, becoming an integral and dependable part of their operations.
Would you like to take part in the latest innovations shaping the world of tomorrow? Would you like to join a fun and dynamic team? Zabala Innovation keeps growing and is recruiting a consultant for a proposal writer and project manager position.
Under the direct supervision of the head of Brussels Office, you will be involved in a wide range of activities. Typical tasks include:
- Leading the process of writing Research and Innovation proposals for Horizon Eu-rope, LIFE, CEF or other European programmes;
- Being responsible for the coordination and management of EU-funded projects. Managing the planning and delivery of the expected results as established in the Grant Agreements;
- Advising and helping position ZABALA’s clients in EU funding programmes to increase their participation in EU projects;
- Cooperating with other R&D project consultants for the adequate reporting of EU-funded projects;
- Representing ZABALA externally and participating in events related to the missions above;
- Contributing to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description.
We are looking for a consultant with at least 3 years of professional experience in:
- Preparation and writing of H2020 technical proposals (main areas are energy, digitalisation, environment) from the concept note till the submission;
- European projects and service contract management, ideally as coordinator (especially in administrative and financial matters);
- Deep knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (H2020, Horizon Europe, European Partnerships…);
- Proven client-oriented attitude or previous consulting experience.
- Master’s degree;
- Background in STEM fields is an asset.
- Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required). Knowledge of other languages could be an asset, such as a good command of French, Dutch or Spanish (a plus, not a requirement)
- Strong interest in technical/innovation topics and policies;
- Excellent knowledge of the proposal preparation process;
- A real team player;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Very good communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- An eye for detail;
- Keen to work in an international team.
Location: Brussels. Ideally, the candidate should already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen.
- An open-ended, Belgian contract with a competitive salary package;
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm;
- A company that gives you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge;
- Regular internal trainings to stay at the top in our core business.
Please send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be contacted for a first online interview. Should you not be contacted, it will imply you have not been selected.
Important: Incomplete applications and candidates not fitting the profile above will not be considered.
LTN is a Belgium-based Green Supply Chain & Logistics innovation management and consulting SME. Our services include data-driven consulting, and research & development of innovative solutions that harness knowledge and technology potential, to transform and optimise supply chain processes. We help our clients act on their future, to achieve ambitious economic, environmental, and social targets in food systems and the food chain industry, and in the supply chain and logistics industry.
As a Food Systems Expert, you will be working on some of the most exciting projects and bids in Europe in the domain of Food Loss and Waste prevention and reduction. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient management of activities, including the coordination of tasks, meetings, and administrative aspects within the projects/assignments under your supervision;
- Contributing with your scientific and technical expertise in the company’s projects, including writing high-quality reports and deliverables, carrying out technical work, and delivering presentations;
- Communicating effectively with other project members and other VLTN members, and collaborating with them to deliver project tasks timely, as the role largely involves carrying out independent work albeit within a multi-organisation project environment;
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with collaborating organisations in multi-company projects and assignments;
- Contributing to the company’s activities for winning new projects and assignments from the EU, other international organisations, and industrial actors.
Required qualifications and experience
- MSc in a related field, and a demonstrated aptitude in research and report writing, as well as an ability to contribute to EU Research & Innovation grant applications;
- 7+ years of experience in managing relevant EU projects and/or assignments from international organisations;
- Deep expertise in food systems management, food consumption and production, and food systems’ sustainability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Being proactive, able to work autonomously and taking full responsibility for assigned tasks, is essential;
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office and online collaborative tools;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
Desirable qualifications and expertise
- Previous experience in food loss & waste projects/initiatives will be highly advantageous;
- Experience in food systems empirical data collection and analysis, and food systems modelling (e.g. agent-based) and predictive analysis, will be advantageous;
- PhD in a related field and a background in engineering will be advantageous.
We offer a full-time 3-year Fixed Term Contract with a view to permanency. Our aim is recruit a Food Systems Expert by June 2022.
VLTN values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnic background.
You will be located preferably (and should have the right to work) in Belgium or, alternatively, in any other EU Member State or the UK.
Note: we will not be able to support applicants requiring a work visa to work in the EU or the UK.
How to apply
Please send: (i) a detailed CV, and (ii) a motivation letter describing how you meet the criteria described, via email to: email@example.com, with subject ‘Food systems expert’, until April 30, 2022. Please ensure you include details of any European FP7 or H2020 projects you have worked on.
- STAGE PER JUNIOR ASSISTANT IN EUROPROGETTAZIONE – Le responsabilità della persona coinvolta nello stage includeranno: collaborare allo studio e all’analisi dei bandi di finanziamento nazionali, regionali e comunali destinati alle imprese, redigere schede di sintesi dei bandi aperti ed in uscita, confronti con la referente nell’identificazione dei bandi e dei finanziamenti più interessanti per i clienti, incontri e call con i clienti, predisposizione delle domande di finanziamento. Le competenze richieste sono: conoscenza della lingua inglese, conoscenza di Linkedin e del suo funzionamento, curiosità, precisione, attenzione al dettaglio;
- Luogo dello stage: la sede legale della società è Roma ma lo stage verrebbe svolto da remoto;
- Facilities: nessuna;
- Riferimento a cui inoltrare le candidature: firstname.lastname@example.org
Titolo preferenziale (non vincolante): allievi del Master in Europrogettazione Venice International University
Blog a cura del Centro Universitario di Formazione in Europrogettazione, destinato a informare gli allievi (e non solo) delle opportunità di lavoro a cui possono concorrere.
A Venice International University si è tenuta a febbraio la “main class” invernale di avviamento al conseguimento del Master (equipe didattica prof. G. Peccolo + prof. A. Orecchio). 20 allievi, le cui valutazioni pubblichiamo integralmente, ad uso di volesse farsi un’idea “diretta” e senza filtro alcuno della formazione che offriamo. Buona lettura!